Amanda White Art
Amanda White Art
Contemporary naive artist Amanda White brings a fascination with beloved writers to life in her Writers' House Series of cards. This collection of intricately detailed paper collage portraits are thoroughly researched, imaginative renditions of the houses of famous writers..
I had always worked mainly in acrylics, but cut paper collaging has now got into my blood following a chance encounter with a pile of old Vogues beside a rubbish bin, leading to an increasing obsession with the possibilities of cutting up bits of paper and sticking them down! I am now involved in a series of cut paper collage portraits of writers' houses which brings together my love of old buildings and literature and the challenge of trying to convey a mood, a story and a sense of place. My influences and inspirations are magpie-like and probably influenced early on by my theatre design training. They include English folk art and history, Staffordshire pottery, old textiles and crockery, broadsheet woodcuts, old buildings, gardens, Blake, Rousseau, Kahlo, Wallis, Bawden, Ravilious, the English Romantic poets and their circle, browsing in books, mooching in museums, poking about in historic houses, cats, the sea .......
Items 13-21 of 21
- The Eve of St Agnes By Amanda White,Regular Price £2.95 Special Price £1.50
- The Birds Have Flown By Amanda WhiteRegular Price £2.95 Special Price £1.50
- John Keats "Autumn Days" by Amanda WhiteRegular Price £2.95 Special Price £1.50
- Bronte Sisters Autumn Evening, Haworth Parsonage (with geese) by Amanda WhiteRegular Price £2.95 Special Price £1.50
- Jane Austen -Jane and Cassandra Austen Tending their Steventon Garden by Amanda WhiteRegular Price £2.95 Special Price £1.50
- The Carpenter's Daughter (Fossil hunter Mary Anning's home) by Amanda WhiteRegular Price £2.95 Special Price £1.50