Artist and Printmaker Helena Markson was born in London. She studied at Salisbury School of Art and then at Central School of Art (1952-56). From 1963-1966 she co-directed the first open Fine Art Printmaking Workshop in London at Charlotte Street. She set up the etching studio at Byam Shaw School of Painting, London and also taught at Chelsea College of Art and St Martin's School of Art, London. She moved to Israel in 1970 where she co-founded the Art Department at the University of Haifa and later set up the Fine Art Print Studios. She taught both lithography and etching and became Professor Emeritus of Haifa University. Helena Markson's beautiful prints are now in collections across the world.